1 in 4 kids in Arkansas are at risk for going hungry. The Arkansas Foodbank is fighting every day to help change that.
Nominations for our second annual Hunger Heroes Campaign for students from age 5 to 18 from teachers and community members will open on January 13th, so stay tuned!
What is Hunger Heroes? Hunger Heroes will give kids and young adults the opportunity to help raise funds and awareness for the Foodbank’s Food For Kids program. This program helps us fund key children feeding programs like our Backpack Program, Summer and After School Feeding, and School Pantries.
There will be 3 divisions:
Kids Division : Ages 5-11
Junior Division: Ages 12-18
Group Division: Ages 5-18 (6 max per group)
- Nominees in the Kids division will have a fundraising goal of $500 (which equals 2,500 meals), nominees in the Junior division will have a fundraising goal of $1,000 (which equals 5,000 meals) and nominees in the Group division will have a goal of $1,500 (which equals 7,500 meals).
- We encourage each nominee to find unique ways to raise funds- hold a bake sale, collect change at your school, get family and community members involved, get creative! Our overall goal is $25,000 which would equal 125,000 meals for hungry Arkansas children.
- Each nominee will have their own personal fundraising page and will be able to track their progress.
- Nominees will attend a kickoff party at the Arkansas Foodbank on Monday, February 10th.
- Nominees will wrap up fundraising on Friday, March 6th with a wrap up celebration on Thursday, March 12th.
- Each person/group that collects the most donations in each division will win a prize pack.