United by a common goal to fight hunger in Arkansas, the Arkansas Foodbank and Arkansas Rice Depot have joined together to better fulfill their shared mission of providing hungry Arkansans with more healthy and nutritious food. Mindful of our roots, the new organization will recognize the successful history and honor the legacy of both entities. Uniting the two organizations creates one that is stronger going forward and better able to serve those in need.
• On January 1, 2016, The Arkansas Foodbank and Arkansas Rice Depot became the Arkansas Foodbank: United to Fight Hunger. The new brand image reflects the partnership and honors the legacies of both organizations.
• Strong board oversight, as well as agency and donor input have driven decision-making.
• This partnership combines unique and effective approaches to addressing food insecurity. Arkansas Rice Depot’s Food For Kids program has been replicated in over 40 states and Mexico because of its effectiveness in addressing childhood hunger and will remain a focus area; Arkansas Foodbank’s local and national partnerships allow it to procure large quantities of food and other resources to distribute to Arkansans in need. This will not change. By coming together, we will improve upon what each organization did well and use our collective expertise to implement new and innovative programming focused on serving hungry Arkansans with more healthy and nutritious food.
• Simply put, this merger allows us to do what we have always done even better.
• Both organizations have long defined success as increasing the quality and quantity of food delivered to hungry Arkansans. Together, we will find better solutions to achieve our shared goal of fighting hunger in our state.