Arkansas Foodbank is ready to meet the evolving needs of our communities in central and southern Arkansas – now and in the days to come.
After a record year of distribution in 2020, Arkansas Foodbank is still responding to an increased need for food. As of this July, the Foodbank has distributed 7% more food than this same time last year. With cases on the rise once again, the Foodbank is preparing to ensure our neighbors are fed while keeping staff and volunteers safe.
Arkansas Foodbank is committed first and foremost to the health and safety of our community, our clients, our volunteers and our staff.
Arkansas Foodbank is following the recommended guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the Arkansas Department of Health. In addition, the Foodbank has implemented the following procedures to help reduce contact and/or spread of COVID-19, including:
- Requiring all visitors and staff to wear a mask, no matter the status of receiving a vaccination.
- Requiring all visitors and staff to pass a temperature check upon entering the building.
- Limiting the number of volunteers to 25 per shift.
- Limiting the age of volunteers to be 12 or above for the safety of children.
- Advising people to maintain 6 feet of social distance.
- Advising staff and volunteers to stay home if they display signs of illness or come into contact with affected individuals.
- Increasing the frequency of deep-cleaning and sanitization beyond our already-aggressive standards.
Help us respond to the increased need in our communities.
As the largest hunger relief organization in the state, Arkansas Foodbank is working diligently to meet today’s need, as well as plan for what’s ahead. We remain committed to our mission of finding pathways to connect people, resources and food to reach those in need, providing dignity, hope and a brighter future for all Arkansans.
Even during times of uncertainty, Arkansans always respond with generosity. Consider supporting the Foodbank as we work to feed our neighbors facing hunger.
Find Help Accessing Food for Your Family
Share Your Story
Have you received help with food during the pandemic? Whether you’d prefer to remain anonymous or not, we would love to hear your story. This allows us to communicate with supporters as to how their gift is making an impact in their community. Click here to share your story with us.