Hunger Heroes = Children and Young Adults fighting childhood hunger in Arkansas!
Currently, 1 in 4 kids in Arkansas are at risk for hunger and we’re working to change that. We’re looking for kids and teens in central and southern Arkansas who want to be Hunger Heroes and help us fight childhood hunger. Each child or young adult that participates will have the opportunity to raise important funds for our Backpack Program, Out of School Feeding and School Pantries.
This year, we’re moving from a nomination process to a sign-up process to encourage more students to get involved. We are also expanding to include students within all 33 counties of our service area (listed below) . To maintain safe social distancing, we’ll be hosting a virtual kick-off and wrap-up party so that everyone can participate!
This year we will have three divisions:
- Kids Division – Ages 5-11
Fundraising goal: $500 = 2,500 meals
- Junior Division – Ages 12-18
Fundraising goal: $1,000 = 5,000 meals
- Team Division – any age group combination (School team, sports teams, spirit squads, school clubs, etc)
Fundraising goal: $2,000 = 10,000 meals
Each Hunger Hero is encouraged to find unique ways to raise funds. Host a bake sale, collect change at your school or get family and community members involved – be creative! Our big goal is $25,000, or 125,000 meals for hungry Arkansas children.
How it Works:
- Each Hunger Hero will have their own fundraising page and will be able to track their progress along the way. Sign up between January 11 and January 22.
- Attend the virtual kick-off event on February 9 to celebrate the first day of fundraising!
- Hunger Heroes can attend a special volunteer event on Saturday, February 20th at Arkansas Foodbank.
- Hunger Heroes will accept donations through March 5 and join the virtual wrap-up celebration on March 11!
- The person/group that collects the most donations in their division will win a prize pack!
All Hunger Heroes will be invited to join us for a Food For Kids Pack-a-thon in September or December to help pack backpacks with food they helped fund through Hunger Heroes.
Counties we serve: Arkansas, Ashley, Bradley, Calhoun, Chicot, Clark, Cleburne, Cleveland, Conway, Dallas, Desha, Drew, Faulkner, Garland, Grant, Hot Spring, Independence, Jefferson, Lee, Lincoln, Lonoke, Monroe, Montgomery, Ouachita, Perry, Phillips, Pope, Prairie, Pulaski, Saline, Union, Van Buren, White