THV11 and Arkansas Foodbank are excited to present the 2021 Summer Cereal Drive! As one of Arkansas’ largest and best-known hunger relief initiatives, and we are so excited to celebrate two plus decades of growth and unprecedented success while challenging teams and individuals to make this the most successful SCD to date. The 21st Annual THV11 Summer Cereal Drive continues the Arkansas tradition with everyone’s safety and health in mind.
In response to the wake of COVID-19, the THV11 Summer Cereal Drive is more important now than it’s ever been. The pandemic continues to affect us all, but our state’s most vulnerable populations face the greatest challenges. YOU can help provide dignity, hope and a brighter future for our neighbors by joining in the fight against hunger this summer. Learn more below!
ABOUT THE EVENT
Since 2000, teams across central and south Arkansas have competed to provide the most cereal to our neighbors facing hardships — particularly children — during summer months. While many of us look forward to summer, 1 in 4 children in our state face increased levels of food insecurity as schools close classrooms and kitchens during summer break.
WHO CAN DONATE
Anyone! Individuals and schools can donate boxes and make online contributions. Plus, businesses and organizations can register as a team to participate in the drive for a little friendly competition!
WHERE TO DONATE
ONLINE: Donate online for the Summer Cereal Drive and help the Foodbank purchase cereal! Every dollar donated allows the Foodbank to acquire and distribute a box of cereal to a child in need. Just select a dollar-amount to donate.
COMMUNITY SITES & EVENTS: Drop off cereal anytime at participating “Shop & Drop” grocery store locations from June 1 to July 8. An updated list of participating locations can be found here.
IMPORTANT DATES FOR TEAMS
- Kickoff Breakfast & First Drop-off @ Arkansas Foodbank — Friday, June 4th from 9 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
- Wrap-up Breakfast & Final Drop-off @ Arkansas Foodbank — Thursday, July 8th from 9 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
- Breakfast of Champions Awards Breakfast @ Arkansas Foodbank — Friday, July 16th from 8:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m.
For 2021 drop-off events, we’ve adopted a drive-thru model which adheres to the CDC’s social distancing guidelines. All you have to do is pop your trunk and our team of staff and volunteers will unload your vehicle while you wait!
Make sure you’re prepared! Here’s how:
- Team Captains should be prepared with the total number of cereal boxes being delivered.
- Cash/check donations your team has collected should be turned in at these events. Don’t forget to complete the official Donation Cover Sheet ahead of time to ensure your team is properly credited.
2021 THV11 SUMMER CEREAL DRIVE TEAM TOOLKIT
- Team Captain Playbook
- SCD Important Dates 2021
- Healthy Cereal Guidelines
- Build Your Team Webpage
- Teaser One Sheet
THANKS TO OUR SPONSOR