Food Drives are a great way to partner with the Arkansas Foodbank in helping us be a community that is united to fight hunger.
Coordinating a Food Drive is easy!
We provide you with the tools you need to make it successful:
• Our Food Drive Manual & Tool Kits assists you with running your food drive, provides creative event ideas and has all the materials and forms you’ll need.
• We encourage you to seek and include donations of healthy, non-perishable food items and use our most needed items as a guide which can be found in the manual.
If you are interested in hosting a Food & Fund drive, please complete this form or contact Nick Bradford 501.569.4315.
Steps for a Successful Food Drive
1. Download our Food Drive Manual and register your food drive.
Please complete this Food Drive Enrollment Form. Once you have submitted your registration form, a member of our team will contact you to help plan further details of your drive or event.
2. Set a start and end date for your food drive as well as location(s).
3. Establish a goal and share it with your donors.
4. Create a theme, incentive, and/or make it a competition.
5. Recruit volunteers.
6. Get the word out! It’s very important to tell others such as your family, friends, neighbors, coworkers, church, and local businesses. Promote! Promote! Promote!
7. Pick up supplies (barrel or boxes) from the Arkansas Foodbank.
8. Have a list available of the most needed donated items. Download it here.
9. Sort or politely deny food items NOT allowed by the Health Department…perishable foods, glass jars and bottles, homemade items, opened jars, container, or packages.
10. Deliver your contributions to the Arkansas Foodbank.
Please Call: 501. 565.8121 to schedule a drop-off appointment
4301 W. 65th Street
Little Rock AR 72209
Monday – Friday
8:00am – 12:00pm & 1:00pm-4:30pm
11. Follow up and reward your team and your donors.
Let Us Host A Virtual Food And Fund Drive
Organizing a Virtual Food Drive on behalf of your school, corporation, faith-based organization or other group is the most efficient way to benefit the Arkansas Foodbank, because we can purchase food at a lower cost—thereby making your dollars work harder.
WHY A VIRTUAL FOOD DRIVE MAKES SENSE
Holding a virtual food drive lets you or your group get involved with ending hunger in central and southeast Arkansas in an easy, immediate and highly effective way. Among the benefits of hosting an online drive:
•Virtual format makes it easy to use and manage.
•It allows for 100 percent group involvement.
•It’s eco-friendly and cost-efficient.
•Every $1 provides five meals.
•Dividing your group into competing teams adds fun and boosts morale.
To enroll your group, contact Nick Bradford at 501-569-4315.