Ready to Welcome Back Volunteers!
Our volunteers are at the heart of everything we do at the Foodbank and help us fulfill our mission daily. In late March, we made the tough decision to suspend our volunteer operations in our warehouse due to COVID-19. During this time, we’ve been working extremely hard to continue meeting the demand for food while keeping our staff, community partners and those we serve, safe.
We are happy to announce that we feel ready to open our doors back up to our volunteers on Monday, July 13th. This re-opening comes with some new limitations as we continue to work in the safest way possible following guidelines by the CDC, Arkansas Department of Health and Feeding America.
- We will only be opening up registration for ten volunteers per shift for the weekday warehouse opportunity. This will allow us to maintain safe social distance practices for our staff and volunteers.
- All volunteers are required to fill out a new updated Volunteer Consent and Release form. This is for all volunteer events.
- All volunteers are required to have their temperatures checked upon arrival before entering the building. Anyone with a temperature over 100.4 will not be allowed in the Foodbank.
- All volunteers are required to wear masks and gloves throughout entirety of their volunteer shift.
- Any volunteer that refuses to follow safety guidelines will not be allowed to volunteer at this time.
The safety of our volunteers and staff is of our utmost concern. We ask that you work with us and support our mission by making safety your goal while you are participating in all Arkansas Foodbank volunteer activities.
Over the past few months, we’ve also added additional mobile food distributions around our communities as a safe and effective way to reach those in need. We are in need of volunteers for several of these distributions.
If you’d like to volunteer in our warehouse or one of our mobile food distributions, click here to sign up now!
We look forward to seeing our volunteers return, and together we will do our part to continue the mission of providing food to children, families and seniors in central and southern Arkansas.